In Darkness

By: Nick Lake
Genre: Drama-  based in Haiti- so also Cultural Perspective
Location: FIC LAK
 I watch a website called Goodreads- it does reviews on books- it helps me make good choices as to what to purchase for our collection. A reviewer said this about In Darkness
Savannah (Books With Bite) rated it 4 of 5 stars false
WOW! What a book! I have never read an introduction to a book that is so jaw dropping intense! I had no choice but to keep reading!!
Fourteen-year-old Shorty is in trouble--bad trouble. One minute he's in the hospital recovering from a gunshot wound, and the next thing he knows, he's in the dark, buried alive in the rubble of the Haiti earthquake. Shorty's grown up the slums of Haiti, in appalling conditions of incredible violence, gangs, drugs, poverty, and oppression. But now he faces something even worse..

"In darkness, I count my blessings like Manman taught me. One, I am alive. Two: There is no two."



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse

Where's Wally

A Disaster in Three Acts