The Notebook

By: Nicholas Sparks
Location: FIC SPA
Genre: Love and "it will make you cry"

OK I confess, I have never seen the movie, this is because my brother cried like a baby at the movie and if he cried, I think I would be in one of those deep belly sobbing wailings.  I watched Finding Neverland on an International flight once- I cried so hard I had tears streaming down my face, slobber coming out my nose and I was quietly gulping for air- this embarrassed my 14 year son greatly, but on an aeroplane- there is no hiding.  So maybe I will do better with the book- well that is the theory.
It is about an elderly couple one of whom has Alzheimer's- the story is about remembering, remembering youthful love, war, and life. Remembering does not come easy, but the miraculous force of their love refuses to fade. It is the love stroy to end all love stories.
Note to self- read with tissue box handy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse

Where's Wally

A Disaster in Three Acts