The Shock of the Fall

Shock of the FallBy: Nathan Filer
Location: FIC FIL
Genre: Mental Illness and Death, and two brothers.


Mental Illness- it is so hard to deal with, so difficult to empathise with, it is so hard to journey beside. I have done so with a relative who had a eating disorder- I can tell you, it is tough- real tough.
This book deals with Matt- he is mentally ill and he is dealing with some tough issues that plummet his illness into greater unrecoverable depths. This book is written by an author who knows- he is a mental health nurse, he writes beautifully and with authenticity, and it is a book that will touch you.


I’ll tell you what happened because it will be a good way to introduce my brother. His name’s Simon. I think you’re going to like him. I really do. But in a couple of pages he’ll be dead. And he was never the same after that.’
There are books you can’t stop reading, which keep you up all night.
There are books which let us into the hidden parts of life and make them vividly real.
There are books which, because of the sheer skill with which every word is chosen, linger in your mind for days.
The Shock of the Fall is all of these books.
The Shock of the Fall is an extraordinary portrait of one man’s descent into mental illness. It is a brave and groundbreaking novel from one of the most exciting new voices in fiction.


I have an illness, a disease with the shape and sound of a snake. Whenever I learn something new it learns it too.......................My illness knows everything I know

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse

Where's Wally

A Disaster in Three Acts