Malice



By: John Gwynne
Location: FIC GWY
Genre: Fantasy
Series:The Faithful and the Fallen 

At the moment books with the coolest covers are making there way into our library- here is another one!

A black sun is rising …

Young Corban watches enviously as boys become warriors under King Brenin’s rule, learning the art of war. He yearns to wield his sword and spear to protect his king’s realm. But that day will come all too soon. Only when he loses those he loves will he learn the true price of courage.
 


What a debut!

I loved this book. I was sucked in from the very first page and couldn't stop until I reached the end.

The world building was fantastic, and the characters were well written. It reminded me slightly of Game of Thrones, having each chapter focused on a different character, but John Gwynne has a style all his own, and I found myself laughing, crying and raging along with the characters.

I love that the characters are realistic. They each have their flaws, their struggles and their strengths and its wonderful to watch them grow and change as they reveal their secrets. There were a number of twists that I didn't see coming. And that ending. Damn.

I am looking forward to book 2

Kaora- Goodreads.com



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse

Where's Wally

A Disaster in Three Acts