The truth about Alice

By: Jennifer Mathieu
Location: FIC MAT
Genre: Teenage Life


Girl on Girl Hate... It is vicious. I remember at school being a victim to girls nastiness, happened twice. Once when I was 13 and smarmy fashionable Sharon had a tongue that could slice and kill, she was "popular" and  I was in her firing line. I was the youngest of four, from not so wealthy parents and my clothes were second hand- second hand clothes are a death sentence and in the hands of a cutting mouth upstart- you become the victim. It was no fun - love to met her now and have a wee chat!
The other story is worse, my folks shifted- relief from Sharon at last, but in my new school they stuck me in the dumb class- new girl on the block who is smart in a dumb class- I became the focus of a team bully campaign- black eye and all.
What was said about me and done to me was cruel- I often wonder how there lives have padded out!!

This book

There are a lot of rumours about Alice Franklin, and it's stopped mattering whether any of them are true. It all started at a party, when Alice was supposedly with two guys in one night.Soon everyone at Healy High has picked a side in this game of he said/she said. Do they believe Brandon Fitzsimmons, the most popular guy at school and the football hero of Healy? Or do they believe Alice, the girl who wears too-tight T-shirts and was caught kissing Brandon in a closet a couple years before?

When Brandon dies in a car crash, there are serious allegations that his death was Alice's fault. As the rumour mill spins into overdrive, Alice's small town becomes suffocating. And when the truth becomes a matter of opinion, something's got to give

“There is one thing I've learned about people: they don't get that mean and nasty overnight. It's not human nature. But if you give people enough time, eventually they'll do the most heartbreaking stuff in the world.”


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse

Where's Wally

A Disaster in Three Acts