All Fall Down

By: Ally Carter
Location: FIX CAR
Genre: Contemporary-YA, Spy Thriller and Romance!
Series: Embassy Row

DANGER. GLAMOUR.  FUN.  EVERYTHING A GIRL NEEDS!

Believe it or not this book has  inter-political plots between countries with some espionage thrown in. It is not as light and fluffy as you might think. It is set in the Middle East in a country that borders Iran in the midst of  an area filled with  Embassies.


“We must respect our host country and we must respect our neighbours.”… “Sometimes the walls that stand between us and our neighbours are all that stand between our country and war.”

 There is a love interest- he is Russian and a murder to solve! This book squeezes a lot of stuff in it and does it well!

Grace can best be described as a daredevil, an Army brat, and a rebel. She is also the only granddaughter of perhaps the most powerful ambassador in the world and Grace has spent every summer of her childhood running across the roofs of Embassy Row.
“Yes, it was dark,” I snap back. “Yes, I was young, and it was traumatic. Yes, I have never been the most reliable girl in the world, but I know what I saw. And I’m telling you, I saw a man with a scar on his left cheek shoot my mother. I heard the bomb that burned her shop to the ground.”

Now, at age sixteen, she's come back to stay - in order to solve the mystery of her mother's death. In the process, she uncovers an international conspiracy of unsettling proportions, and must choose her friends and watch her foes carefully if she and the world are to be saved.

“You should go home now, Grace.” His face is covered in shadow. His voice is soft but strong. “I don’t want to see you get hurt.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse

Where's Wally

A Disaster in Three Acts