Saint Anything

By: Sarah Dessen
Location: FIC DES
Genre: YA Contemporary- LIFE!!

If you love Pizza and French Fries this book is for you- it is often set in a pizzeria and it describes those delicious yummies to the point where you will be  speed dialing 0800 838383  
s.

“There is a weird thing that happens when something goes from a one-time thing to a habit. Like the problem is no longer a temporary houseguest but has actually moved in.”

I reckon none of my siblings read this blog so I am safe to be a bit vulnerable. I am the youngest of 4 - with two high achieving brothers and a sister who has always been close to our parents I reckon due to a childhood illness- I came last and often it felt it. I am sure they would yell and scream and say I was the spoilt youngest- but I felt I  was truly the tag along, left out one stuck at the far end. None of your achievements count- they have all been done before you, it is difficult to cut your grove in a world where three other siblings have dug a trench. I understand invisible Sydney- although thankfully my siblings are wonderful stunning human beings- hers wasn't!
Like Sydney in this story- I too shifted schools and had to discover what my real "no known sibling" identity was- It was not pretty and I did not have the outside family to jump into that Sydney did- nor Mac- the understanding BF- well actually I did find him in the end- and married him- ah- nice end to the story!

Peyton, Sydney’s charismatic older brother, has always been the star of the family, receiving the lion’s share of their parents’ attention and—lately—concern. When Peyton’s increasingly reckless behavior culminates in an accident, a drunk driving conviction, and a jail sentence, Sydney is cast adrift, searching for her place in the family and the world. When everyone else is so worried about Peyton, is she the only one concerned about the victim of the accident?
Enter the Chathams, a warm, chaotic family who run a pizza parlor, play bluegrass on weekends, and pitch in to care for their mother, who has multiple sclerosis. Here Sydney experiences unquestioning acceptance. And here she meets Mac, gentle, watchful, and protective, who makes Sydney feel seen, really seen, for the first time


The uber-popular Sarah Dessen explores her signature themes of family, self-discovery, and change in her twelfth novel, sure to delight her legions of fans.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse

Where's Wally

A Disaster in Three Acts