Stray

By: Elissa Sussman
Location: FIC SUS
Genre: Fairy story x Disney x Fantasy


I am grateful for my father, who keeps me good and sweet. I am grateful for my mother, who keeps her own heart guarded and safe. I am grateful for my adviser, who keeps me protected! I am grateful for the Path, which keeps me pure. 
"Ever After"

A beautifully tender, magical debut, Stray completely stole my heart--I loved it! Highly recommended for fans of high fantasy, fairy tales, and stories with strong heroines! Wonderful!  Kels

STRAY is the first in a collection of intertwined stories, all set in a world where magic is a curse that only women bear and society is dictated by a strict doctrine called The Path. A cross between The Handmaid’s Tale and Wicked, with a dash of Grimm and Disney thrown in.

STRAY is a fascinating fairy tale about a world where only the women had magic but they aren't allowed to use it. They are punished for any magic they do. They are supervised by fairy godmothers and led by male advisers. Aislynn is a daughter of a king but, when she can't control her magic, she is sent to undergo the harsh training needed to become a fairy godmother. Fairy godmothers lose their homes and futures and even their hearts and must devote themselves to a life of service.

Aislynn is very distressed to lose the path she thought she was bound for. She has tried very hard to buy into the brainwashing of her adviser and her culture. It takes meeting a gardener, a maid, and a carriage driver before she begins to question the path that she has been set upon. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse

Where's Wally

A Disaster in Three Acts