Nil- Series

By: Lynne Matson
Location: FIC MAT
Genre: Young Adult Fantasy- Dystopia
Series: NIL

“A promise means nothing...It's a statement of present want, not future reality.”

"
"Survivor
 meets Lost in this exciting survivalist story set on a bizarre island filled with monstrous beasts and only one way out, and if you miss your chance to leave, you die." Giselle

On the mysterious island of Nil, the rules are set. You have one year. Exactly 365 days--to escape, or you die.

Seventeen-year-old Charley doesn’t know the rules. She doesn’t even know where she is. The last thing she remembers is blacking out, and when she wakes up, she’s lying naked in an empty rock field.

Lost and alone, Charley finds no sign of other people until she meets Thad, the gorgeous leader of a clan of teenage refugees. Soon Charley learns that leaving the island is harder than she thought . . . and so is falling in love. With Thad’s time running out, Charley realizes that to save their future, Charley must first save him. And on an island rife with dangers, their greatest threat is time.
 

"I love a good dystopian, in fact they have quickly become one of my new favorite genres. Not only do I love a good dystopian but I also love a good romance even more, combine the two and I have one read I am really looking forward too and that is exactly what I got in NIL. 
"If you are going into this one expecting blood and guts and gore, you are going to be sorely disappointed. This isn't the Hunger Games, it is a book all it's own and what a book it is.

I loved every minute of how twisted life on NIL could be. How there was always bad, but sometimes as in the case of Thad and Charley, there was good (and beauty) that came with the bad.

More than anything, this is a story about survival. About learning lessons that the people of NIL never would have been able to learn otherwise. And most of all, this is a love story. About overcoming the odds and against all better judgment and harshness, still having an open hearts"
Mlpmum- Goodreads.com


Comments

  1. I have just finished the first book in this series 'Nil'. I initially told Mrs Bichan that I wasn't sure if I was going to finish it, but I am glad that I persevered and read it all. The novel is basically based on the premise of the TV show 'Lost' and drew some nice parallels. There is a nice ending and you will feel satisfied. I think that I will read book two- which is based on the same island, but two different characters and then I will know if I really like the series or not. So far 6.5/10

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse

Where's Wally

A Disaster in Three Acts