The Glass Arrow

By: Kristen Simmons
15750874Location: FIC SIM
Genre: SciFi/ Dystopia- feminism 

This is good- it is a stand alone dystopia- not part of a drawn out series!

The Handmaid’s Tale meets Blood Red Road in Glass Arrow, the story of Aya, who lives with a small group of women on the run from the men who hunt them, men who want to auction off breeding rights to the highest bidder.

"My ma taught me one thing from the beginning: My body is mine. My own. No one else’s. Just because somebody thinks they have rights to it, doesn’t make it true. I thought I understood that before, but here, in this place, it’s become more clear than ever how right she was. My flesh and blood–it’s the only thing I own, and I’ll defend it until I can’t fight anymore.”
 
This quote is not from someone scarred of  Trump- it is from this book.
 
In a world where females are scarce and are hunted, then bought and sold at market for their breeding rights, 15-year old Aya has learned how to hide. With a ragtag bunch of other women and girls, she has successfully avoided capture and eked out a nomadic but free existence in the mountains. But when Aya’s luck runs out and she’s caught by a group of businessmen on a hunting expedition, fighting to survive takes on a whole new meaning.  
 
"Kristen Simmons has done it again in this EPIC standalone, that interweaves thrilling dystopia, heart-pounding adventure, turmoil of survival, and a fresh and truly unforgettable romance, that will touch your hearts for years to come. THE GLASS ARROW definitely delivers!!!" Alicia
 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse

Where's Wally

A Disaster in Three Acts