Lydia: The Wild Girl of Pride and Prejudice

By: Natasha Farrant
30834899Location: FIC FAR
Genre: Retelling of the Pride and Prejudice kind.

"This book was monstrous fun. I inhale read it. Very enjoyable!"- Jessica

“Books may not judge you, but people do.”

A spirited, witty and fresh reimagining of Jane Austen's Prideand Prejudice! Lydia is the youngest Bennet sister and she's sick of country life - instead of sewing and reading, she longs for adventure. When a red-coated garrison arrives in Merryton, Lydia's life turns upside down. As she falls for dashing Wickham, she's swept into a whirlwind social circle and deposited in a seaside town, Brighton. Sea-bathing, promenades and scandal await - and a pair of intriguing twins. Can Lydia find out what she really wants - and can she get it

"He entered. His beauty in scarlet regimentals was overwhelming. The world went black and I thought perhaps I had died, but then Kitty nudged me and I realized that I was alive, but had merely closed my eyes."


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse

Where's Wally

A Disaster in Three Acts