The first is called "What should I read next. You type in the name of an author, or a title of a book that you loved, and it will provide you with a list of titles that are similar in genre and feel. It is fun to use and really useful. Give it a go.
Another site that is similar is http://www.literature-map.com/ . On this site you type in the name of your favourite author and other similar authors rotate around your chosen writer in relation to how similar they write. In this sample I have asked what author is like Cassandra Clare.
My favourite research site is "Mashpedia"- this is a live encyclopeadia . You can find it http://www.mashpedia.com/about.php.Mashpedia integrates a variety of data from online services and applications like Wikipedia, YouTube, Twitter, Flickr, Google News, Books, and further contextual information into a single interface, presenting an organized outlook of live content feeds for every topic, thus providing a broad spectrum of data and media that eliminate the user's need to visit each service separately.
How does it work?Mashpedia allows users to enter a keyword and then it creates a mash-up of content around that topic, collected from data and media stored in different services around the web.
VisionMashpedia aims to provide a useful tool for learning, monitoring and exploring digital resources about any topic, enriching the way people interact with their topics of interest.
Why use Mashpedia?Mashpedia aims to simplify the access to information and content stored in different sites, reducing the time it takes to find relevant and fresh information on the internet.
- Access the freshest information and multimedia content about almost any subject, person, place or event in one single place.
- Complete research tasks quickly and easily.
- Get a multi-perspective vision and real-time context for every topic.
- Eliminate the need to visit different online resurces separately.
- Obtain new information each day - even if you are looking at the same article.
- Visualize multimedia and social-media content related to every topic.
- Discover new, relevant content about your favorite topics and interests.
- Mashpedia offers a fun and engaging learning experience.
- Topics research is moving from being "stateless" to being very much in the here and now
|This web site has every famous person you can think of, with their story, important dates and the influences that they have had on the world around them. It subtitles these famous people into catagories, Business People, Scientists, Writers, Political Leaders, Revolutionists, Painters, Musicians, Physicians, Religious leaders and Economists.|
So You Loved The Hunger Games...What Should You Read Next?